Need help getting a job?
These pages will give you some advice about the basic building blocks of job applications:
Applying for jobs
Finding work is the first step in the job hunt. Getting the job is the next challenge.
These pages will help you work out what you need to do once you've found the job you really want.
From writing cover letters and putting together a resume to what to do in an interview and how to make your application stand out from the pack, here's some good advice on how to apply for jobs.
Applying for jobs sections
- How to write a resume
- How to write a cover letter
- Sample resumes & cover letters
- CV - early school leaver & no experience
- CV - early school leaver & work experience
- CV - school & no experience
- CV - school & work experience
- CV - uni & no experience
- CV - uni & work experience
- Cover letter - no experience
- Cover letter - work experience
- Cover letter - Cold calling
- Stand out from the pack
- How to stand out without work experience
- Who can be my referee?
- The direct approach: phone and face-to-face
- Online applications
- Assessment centres
- Using an employment agency