Sample CVs & cover letters
Check out our downloadable free sample resume and sample cover letter templates. Whatever your education or work experience, we've got one that suits you.
> How to write a resume
> How to write a cover letter
> CV - Left school early/no exp.
> CV - Left school early/work exp.
> CV - school/no exp.
> CV - school/work exp.
> CV - uni/no exp.
> CV - uni/work exp.
> Cover letter - no exp.
> Cover letter - work exp.
> Cover letter - cold calling
Sample Resume: Early School Leaver/Work Experience
Use this example resume template as a starting point for your CV if you've left school early (before completing Year 12) and you also have some formal work experience (e.g. full-time, part-time or casual work).
For more tips and advice on how this resume template can be used as a basis for your own curriculum vitae, you can download it in either Word or .pdf format:
Name: Jane Smith
Address: 12 Station Street, Highfield, 3023
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
I am seeking the opportunity to expand my customer service skills and experience in a busy, challenging role. I am a strong team player who always completes tasks on time and to a high degree of quality. My work experience demonstrates my ability to juggle multiple tasks and work independently or with others.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer relations
- Skilled in demonstrating and describing products, solutions,a etc
- Competence in using electronic cash register and other retail software (e.g., ordering and inventory systems)
- Competence in handling money
- Typing at 50 words per minute
- Experience with a range of office duties including telephones, mail, filing, inventory and ordering
- Hands-on experience with standard office and retail software including Word, Access and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and ease communicating with a range of people including customers, suppliers, managers and work colleagues
- Experience and ease with providing customer support (both verbal and written) including describing, suggesting and demonstrating products/services
Part-time Service Assistant, Highfield Newsagency, June 2000 to 2003
Core skills: customer service, use of electronic cash register, stock pricing and display, stock control and ordering
- Selected to train all new casual and holiday staff
- Completed basic window dressing course and coordinated all shop-front and in-store Christmas and holiday promotions
- Set up new inventory and filing system and assisted with upgrade of in-store computer system
Education & Training
- Year 10, Highfield Secondary College, 2004
- Basic word processing and data entry, two-day workshop, Highfield Neighbourhood House
- Basic window dressing and store promotions
- Two years shop window dressing and promotions experience
- School netball team member - premiership team in 1999, 2000 and 2003
- Computer Clubhouse member
Manager, Highfield Newsagency
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
Teacher, Highfield Secondary School
Phone: XX XXXX XXXX
(Written reference enclosed)