Sample CVs & cover letters
Check out our downloadable free sample resume and sample cover letter templates. Whatever your education or work experience, we've got one that suits you.
> How to write a resume
> How to write a cover letter
> CV - Left school early/no exp.
> CV - Left school early/work exp.
> CV - school/no exp.
> CV - school/work exp.
> CV - uni/no exp.
> CV - uni/work exp.
> Cover letter - no exp.
> Cover letter - work exp.
> Cover letter - cold calling
Sample Resume: Uni/No Experience
You should use this template if you have a tertiary (or equivalent) qualification (or are in the process of getting one) but you have little, or no, formal work experience.
For more tips and advice on how this resume template can be used as a basis for your own curriculum vitae, you can download it in either Word or .pdf format:
Name: Matthew Richards
Address: 12 Orchard Grove, Highfield, 3023
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
I am a skilled and passionate professional writer who seeks to consistently demonstrate a high level of skill in my research and writing. I aim to use my excellent communications skills through both on-the-job experience and further training and endeavour to produce objective, high-quality work that will contribute to the continued success of my employer.
Skills & Abilities
Research and Writing Skills
- Write in a variety of styles including hard news, soft news and features
- Researching and writing for a variety of audiences including young people, business people and professionals
- Experience in researching story ideas including interviews, desk and library-based research, database searches and online research
- Highly developed critical and analytical abilities
- Experience working to deadlines
Information Technology Skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in:
- Microsoft Word
- Macromedia Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Use of web cam, digital camera and recording equipment
- Use of a range of web content management systems
Communication & Organisational Skills
- Excellent language skills - written, oral and broadcast
- High-level organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
Education & Training
- 2004: Bachelor of Arts (Journalism) - Deakin University
Majors: Literature and Politics, Minors: Advanced Editing, Political Reporting
- 2003 - 2004: Microsoft Office Professional (Short Courses in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) - Council of Adult Education
- 2002: Advanced Editing (Short Course) - Victorian Writers Centre
- 1999: Victorian Certificate of Education - Highfield Secondary College
Education highlights and achievements
- Received high distinction average in final two years of university and distinction average throughout the entire course
- Selected from over 200 applicants for two-month Journalism Exchange Program in London, UK - 2003
- 2004 - present: Volunteer writer - The Wilderness Society
Duties: Writing hard news and feature articles for publication on the Society’s website and in print newsletters
- 2004: Film Reviewer - youz magazine
Duties: Provide a monthly film review for this vibrant, youth-oriented website
- 2003: Intern Journalist - The Reader, London, UK
Duties: Provide a range of hard and soft news, feature articles and reviews for one of London's most popular contemporary newspapers
- 2002: Volunteer - 3RRR
Duties: Completed six-week volunteer training program covering all aspects of radio production and provided volunteer assistance (including writing, interviews, editing and production) for a range of programs
- 2002 - present: Retail Assistant - Bayside Pharmacy
Duties: Provide retail assistance and customer support for busy suburban pharmacy including use of electronic cash register and ordering system, data entry, filing and general office duties
Lecturer, Deakin University
Phone: XX XXXX XXXX
The Reader, London, UK
(Written reference enclosed)