Employment Start Up - Youth Employment Scheme
The Youth Employment Scheme - or YES - offers Victorians aged 15 to 24 a career kick-start with traineeships and apprenticeships in the Victorian Government.
A YES traineeship gives you paid work experience so you can develop your skills and gain qualifications that will lead to ongoing employment.
By undertaking a traineeship you can:
- Get real experience in a real job
- Learn valuable new skills
- Meet inspiring mentors
- Gain the confidence you need to get on a career path
There is a diverse range of positions available across Victoria in a range of industries. For further information in relation to the YES program, please contact Clarice Gabel at the Department of Business and Innovation on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can contact one of the group training organisations (GTOs) listed below to find out more about the scheme or to register for a YES traineeship.
NB: This is not an exhaustive list of Group Training Organisations operating across Victoria - for a full list contact Clarice Gabel on email@example.com.
GROUP TRAINING ORGANISATION NAME
|MEGT||www.megt.com.au (new window)||9654 8893 ||Melbourne Metro |
|WPC Group ||www.wpcgroup.org.au (new window)||1300 656 461 ||Melbourne Metro |
|Apprenticeships Plus ||www.aplus.org.au (new window)||1800 81 81 05||Melbourne Metro |
|Westvic Workforce ||www.westvic.org.au (new window)||5561 9000 ||Warrnambool|
|Link Employment and Training ||www.linkemploy.org.au |
|1800 070 007 ||Bairnsdale|
|BGT Employment ||www.bgt.org.au (new window)||5333 1707 ||Ballarat|
|ATEL||www.atel.com.au (new window)||5720 0100 ||Wangaratta|
|SMGT||www.smgt.com.au (new window)||5018 7206||Robinvale/ |
Find out more about what it's like to be a trainee by checking out the case studies below.
- Justin (Melbourne) - administration - "It's the best thing I've ever done, in my career or school or in my whole life!"
- Rachael (Warrnambool) - administration -"Don't settle for something that is less than what you want to do."
- Dustin (Colac) - information and communications technology - "It means I can have a full time job while making money, get on and off the job training, develop my skills and set up my career."
- Nakita (Melbourne) - legal administration - "It offers so many opportunities and is really well set up."
Tips on How to Apply for Jobs
For more information about job applications, check out these pages on Youth Central: