Decibels Wants YouDarebin City Council’s Decibels Records program is looking for two upcoming local bands or solo artists aged 12 – 25 to work with throughout 2012.
The Decibels Records program is a youth-led initiative for young people interested in pursuing a career within the music industry. The six-month program provides opportunities for participants to gain first hand experience in the various elements of establishing, maintaining and being signed to an independent record label.
As a signed Decibels Records artist, young people will get to work with the Decibels Records label committee to produce, record, release and promote their own CD. During the program they will also be mentored and exposed to networking opportunities with key industry figures. The 2012 program will conclude in September with a special artist showcase event held at the Northcote Town Hall as a part of the Darebin Music Feast.
Highlights of the 2012 Decibels Records program include:
• 16 hours studio time at Decibels Youth Music Centre, Reservoir
• A pre-production session of your songs with music industry professionals
• One individualised legal advice session
• Access to professional music career planning sessions
• Final CD packaging and artwork design
• CD manufacturing and distribution
• CD launch event as a part of the 2012 Darebin Music Feast
Applications for the 2012 Decibels Records program close on Thursday 24 May.
2012 application forms can be downloaded directly at: http://www.darebin.vic.gov.au/Files/Decibels_Records_2012_Application_Form.pdf
For more information contact Darebin City Council on 8470 8001.
BACK TO NEWS