The Youth Summit provides a valuable opportunity for young people aged 12 to 25 years to meet, discuss and share ideas with each other, and was first held in Victoria in 2017.
This year’s Youth Summit took place on 20 April 2018 during the first ever Victorian Youth Week, 13 April 2018 to 20 April 2018.
The 2018 Youth Summit, was themed Harmony through Diversity.
Highlights from 2018 Youth Summit
- The Youth Summit Expo had 14 stallholders
- The Push performers Dear Matilda, Dan Vogl and Grand Pine performed
- The event was reported on by the YMCA Press Gallery and the Ballarat Courier
- The Youth Central Instagram and SYN Media also provided coverage of the day
- Three interactive workshops on slam poetry, social inclusion and improving visibility
Visit the Youth Central Facebook page to see photos from the 2018 Youth Summit or read a report of the Summit.