Getting Down to Business
Getting Down to Business is an innovative program for young people aged 16 - 25 years with a passion for enterprise. Whether you're looking to kick-start your business idea or take your venture to the next level, Getting Down to Business will help transform your ideas into reality.
Getting Down to Business is part-time, but it's not like going to uni, secondary school, or TAFE. It’s not a one-size-fits-all initiative. If you're studying, running or developing your own business, working, or you have other commitments, Getting Down to Business can be tailored to meet your needs.
You won't have to pass tests or sit exams. Your success will be how Getting Down to Business helps you start, build and grow your own enterprise.
Participants will learn the ins and outs of starting and growing an enterprise through hands-on coaching and mentoring from experts and each other. You'll be able to share ideas, knowledge and experiences and make valuable network connections.
Getting Down to Business is a four-year initiative of the Victorian Government, delivered by Enterprising Partnerships and is being run from 2014 to 2017.
What's on offer?
- Forty enterprising young people from across Victoria working in groups supported by Enterprise Facilitators who will help you develop your business plans to start and grow your business, and create your own personalised mentor and training plan
- Three Stretch Days during which you'll participate in round tables with other young entrepreneurs and then pitch, refine and develope your ideas with industry experts
- One-on-one coaching and mentoring that matches you to enterprise and industry experts
- Five short courses to build your business and management skills
- New connections and networks that let you find new opportunities for collaboration
- Online, face-to-face and conferencing support
Applications for the 2017 Getting Down to Business program are now Open.
To find out more visit www.gettingdowntobusiness.com.au (new window)