Victorian Young Achiever Awards
The Victorian Young Achiever Awards acknowledge, encourage and promote the positive achievements of young Victorians up to 29 years of age.
In 2017 the Awards will recognise the achievements of young people across nine categories ranging from Arts and Fashion to Community Service and Leadership. One of the category winners will be declared the 2017 Victorian Young Achiever of the Year.
In 2017 The Victorian Government is sponsoring the Group Achievement in the Community Award.
This award recognises young people who have worked together as a group to provide a service, program or project for other young people, which is based on consultation and engagement with young people and has resulted in positive, youth-led changes in a local community.
Nominations for the 2017 Victorian Young Achiever Awards are now closed. Winners will be announced at a Gala Presentation Dinner in May 2017.
For more information visit the Victorian Young Achiever Awards page (new window) on the Awards Australia website.
2017 award winners
Young Victorians in a range of fields including volunteering, social activism, scientific research and art and fashion were amongst the outstanding winners at the 2017 Victorian Young Achiever Awards.
Minister for Youth Affairs Jenny Mikakos presented the overall 2017 Young Achiever of the Year Award to youth activist Laura Pintur, who is a co-founder of the ‘What’s Normal’ program. The program educates young people about issues relating to pornography and its impact on the community.
The Victorian Government Group Achievement in the Community Award was awarded to ‘The Y-House Foundation’ for their work supporting young people who have suffered traumatic brain and spinal injuries and are living in aged care.
This year’s other winners included:
- Bartercard Online Achievement Award – Morgan Ranieri, Brunswick East
- Victoria University Research Impact Award – Dr Sumeet Walia, Melbourne
- The Coffee Club Arts and Fashion Award – Lisa Cheney, Fitzroy North
- CFA Young Volunteer Excellence Award – Alphonse Mulashe, Norlane
- WFI Insurance Small Business Achiever Award – Mark McDonald, Melbourne
- Bart ‘N’ Print Health and Wellbeing Award – Jessie-Anne Kenworthy, Geelong
- First National Real Estate Leadership Award – Nick Pearce, Box Hill
For more information visit The Victorian Young Achievers Award website (new window).