Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge
Young Victorians with a passion for performance, music, dance and design are encouraged to sign up for a starring role in the Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge.
The challenge is a statewide competition for secondary students to create a story through dance, creative movement and acting. Teams have the opportunity to produce stage productions of around three to seven minutes and compete for state and national titles before a live audience and industry judges.
To find out more or to register go to the Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge website (new window).
About the Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge
The Victorian Government is a proud sponsor of the Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge, supporting students to get involved, be creative and have fun.
The aim of the challenge is to provide secondary school students with an opportunity to experience what it takes to produce a professional theatrical event. Students have a chance to use their creative skills and discover career pathways, while competing in a professional environment.
2015 Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge awards
The 2015 Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge involved 1,000 students from 17 schools competing in a music, dance and story-telling extravaganza.
Hoppers Crossing Secondary College (Dream. Believe. Achieve), Rosebud Secondary College (One of Us) and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College – Bentleigh (Cradle of Hope) shared the honour of being named Victorian Story of the Year, with all three schools nominated for National Story of the Year to be announced in October 2015.
The following schools also won state awards:
- BEACONHILLS COLLEGE – BERWICK : Best Current Affairs Story Award
- HOPPERS CROSSING SECONDARY SCHOOL: Best Inspirational Story Award
- KARDNIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE – Best Adaption Story Award
- LYNDHURST SECONDARY COLLEGE – Best Entertainment Story Award
- OUR LADY OF THE SACRED HEART COLLEGE – BENTLEIGH: Best Original Story Award
- PASCOE VALE GIRLS COLLEGE – Best Mental Health Story Award
- RESERVOIR HIGH SCHOOL – Best Raising Awareness Story Award
- ROSEBUD SECONDARY COLLEGE: Best Historical Story Award
- SACRED HEART GIRLS COLLEGE – OAKLEIGH: Best Social Awareness Story Award
The list of previous winners in each category is available on the Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge website (new window).
Find Out More
Further information is available on the Wakakirri Secondary School Challenge website (new window).
Back to more youth programs.