Resume Template: Early School Leaver with No (Paid) Work Experience
Use this resume template if you:
- Have left school without completing VCE
- Don't have any formal (paid) work experience
For other resume templates focusing on different levels of education and/or work experience, check out the list of templates on our Sample Resumes and Cover Letters page.
Download this resume template:
NOTE: DON'T SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AS A .PDF. You should only submit your cover letter as a .doc, .docx or .rtf. If you have any trouble with these templates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you've left school before completing year 12 and are looking for full-time work, the types of jobs you'll be applying for will be very popular. There will be a large number of other candidates, which means your resume needs to effectively sell you and help you to stand out.
This template has been designed to focus on:
- General skills that help you work in a team and as part of an organisation
- Personal attributes that will help you learn to work in a professional work environment
- Key strengths and contributions that show you are a stand-out applicant
- Work experience or volunteer work that demonstrates your strengths and attributes
- A written testimonial that shows you are capable of transitioning into the world of work
Other things that you can put on your resume include:
- Any sporting or community club participation (if relevant)
- Any hobbies or interests that are relevant to the job or demonstrate your professional experience
This template is two pages long, but with your level of experience you may find your resume ends up being one page. This is more than acceptable when you're just starting out in the world of work.
If your resume ends up being three pages long, you're probably providing too much information - try cutting some things out and sticking to two pages maximum.
Download this resume template:
NOTE: DON'T SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AS A .PDF. You should only submit your cover letter as a .doc, .docx or .rtf.If you have any trouble with these templates, please contact us at email@example.com.
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
Recent school leaver seeking to start a career in warehousing
Confident and articulate individual with commended ability to work with others to achieve set outcomes. Young yet mature school leaver with developed employability skills and personal attributes that support the transition from education to full-time employment. Leadership and communication skills developed and demonstrated through engagement in sports clubs and associations. Motivated individual keen to obtain employment in warehouse and operations environment. Key strengths include strong attention to detail and willingness to learn and develop professionally.
Key skills include:
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Team work
- Task allocation
- Records management
- Cash handling
- Transaction processing
- Stock control
Technical Skills: Microsoft Word ~ Microsoft Excel ~ Microsoft Outlook ~ General SAP use
Elwood Secondary College
- 2012: Principal’s award for dedication demonstrated by sporting contributions and achievements.
- 2011: Community recognition award for working as a buddy for newly enrolled Year 7 students.
- Verbal Communication: Recognised ability to communicate with a range of individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Demonstrated by 3-year captaincy of Captain of Elwood AFL team.
- Commitment & Dedication: Willing to provide long-term ongoing contribution and commitment to an organisation. Demonstrated by membership of local AFL team for over 5 years.
- Collaborative Team Member: Ability to collaborate with team members. Demonstrated by group work assignments, professional work experience placements and captaincy of Elwood AFL team since 2010.
- Reliable: Commended reliability as team member and supporter. Demonstrated by attending all Elwood AFL games since 2007.
- Honest: Strong personal morals and ethics ensure complete honesty and transparency. Demonstrated by managing cash count at fundraisers and events in school community.
STUDENT WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENTS
Acme Transport and Warehouse Centre (2013)
Warehouse Assistant (2-week Work Experience Placement)
Worked in fast-paced warehouse environment over a 2-week placement period. Worked full-time hours and assisted as a member of the receipt and despatch warehouse team.
Achievements and Contributions:
- Stock Control: Developed skills and understanding of processes to ensure ability to manage large variety of product lines while meeting production targets.
- Logistics Planning: Calculated cubic metre requirements for despatch and assisted in identifying transport requirements to meet customer deliveries and urgent order requests.
- Records Processing: Developed understanding of con note processing and pallet control procedures. Assisted with end-of-month reconciliation of pallet accounts.
- WH&S: Developed understanding and appreciation for health, safety and environmental management policies in an organisation.
- Team Collaboration: Attended daily toolbox meetings reviewing daily production targets. Contributed to discussions on efficiency and process improvements as well as problem resolution.
"Adam worked with us during his school placement period of 2 weeks. Over this time he was a very enthusiastic learner and wanted to help across all aspects of the warehouse. His interpersonal skills saw him adapt really well into the work environment and the guys were more than happy to help him when he needed to understand something or wanted to learn. I see a strong future for Adam and wish him luck."
- Warren Jackson, Warehouse Manager, ACME Transport and Warehouse Centre.
- 2013: Elwood College Year 7 Buddy
- 2011: Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal Volunteer Collector
- 2010 - 2013: Elwood AFL Captain - Under 18s
Elwood AFL Under 18s
Phone XXXX XXX XXX
Year 10 Coordinator
Elwood Secondary College
Phone: XX XXXX XXXX