Helpful organisations


Here are some organisations that can help you find out about your rights as an employee. Check out their websites or give them a call.

Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) 
The ACTU works with unions to look after workers' rights. If you've got a problem at work, call them on 1300 362 223.

Consumer Affairs Victoria
If you think you've been tricked by a dodgy job ad or ripped off by an employer, call CAV on 1300 558 181 to ask for help.

Fair Work Ombudsman
The law in Australia sets minimum standards for all employees in Australia. Call the FWO helpline on 131 394 if you have questions about whether you're being treated right at work.

JobWatch is a community legal centre that specialises in employment issues. Call them on (03) 9662 1933 or 1800 33 1617 (free call) if you're outside Melbourne.

WorkSafe Victoria
‚ÄčIf you've got a question about your safety, or you've been hurt or bullied at work, WorkSafe can help. Call them on 1800 136 089 (free call).