Health & Community
Working in health and community services covers a wide range of jobs working with people of all ages.
- Medical, dental and health services
- Community care and welfare
- Child care services
- Religious organisations
- Political parties
- Community interest groups
Medical, dental and health services include public and private hospitals, hospices, hostels and nursing homes, general practice and specialist medical services, and other health services such as physiotherapy, speech pathology, massage therapy, osteopathy, myotherapy and chiropractic.
Associations, peak bodies & government organisations
Visit these organisations to find out more about each industry including information about jobs, career paths and training opportunities.
- Australian Association of Social Workers
- Australian Dental Association - Victorian Branch
- Australian Healthcare & Hospitals Association
- Australian Institute of Environmental Health
- Australian Nursing Federation - Victorian Branch
- Australian Association of Massage Therapists
- Australian Medical Association - Victorian
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Psychological Society
- Dietitians Association of Australia
- National Disability Services
- Optometrists Association Australia
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia
- Speech Pathology Association of Australia
- Victorian Government Health Information
- Victorian Healthcare Association
Find out about the types of jobs that people do in the health & community sectors.