Up to $50,000 is available for programs supporting Aboriginal young people to connect to community and culture as part of Victoria’s COVID-19 recovery.
- Available to:
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
- Aborginal organisations
- Aboriginal-led community, not-for-profits or peak community bodies.
Open until 11:59pm Monday 15 March
Aboriginal Youth Engagement Grants support the delivery of programs that respond to the immediate needs of Aboriginal young people. Funded programs must be delivered between April and 31 December 2021, with up to $50,000 available per project. There is a total of $250,000 available.
Online information sessions will be held at the following times to answer questions on grants and the application process. Sessions will be led by the Koorie Youth Council and Youth Affairs Council Victoria.
To be eligible for funding your organisation must be either:
- an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation
- an Aboriginal organisation
- an Aboriginal-led community, not-for-profit or peak community body based in Victoria.
And you must:
- be incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2001 (Vic) or a similar type of organisation
- be based in Victoria
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have sufficient Public Liability Insurance to cover all aspects of the program
- not have any overdue deliverables from other grants with the Victorian Government
- not be funded through the Marram Nganyin Aboriginal Youth Mentoring Program.
Successful programs will be developed with young people to respond to their needs and will need to focus on one or more of these objectives:
- enhance the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal young people
- foster individual talents and leadership
- strengthen identity, culture and faith
- enable community participation
- build relationships
- link into education, training and employment.
How to apply
Step 1: Read these guidelines to ensure your organisation and project are eligible.
Step 2: Consider your project in terms of the assessment criteria in the guidelines.
Step 3: Discuss your application by contacting:
Derm Ryan, Youth Affairs Council Victoria, email@example.com, 0408 674 738
Banok Rind, Koorie Youth Council, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0439 927 405
Step 4: Download and complete this grant application form.
Step 5: Submit your completed application form to email@example.com
COVID-19 Safety Requirements
All activities funded under the Aboriginal Youth Engagement Grants must comply with the latest health advice and social distancing measures throughout the lifespan of the project.
For more information on current health advice and translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources, please visit:
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact:
- Derm Ryan, Youth Affairs Council Victoria, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0408 674 738
- Banok Rind, Koorie Youth Council, email@example.com, 0439 927 405
Artwork by Dixon Patten, Bayila Creative.