Grants of up to $30,000 have been provided to support rural and regional local governments to develop youth engagement strategies, activities and solutions.
These will enable young people in rural and regional Victoria to participate in community life.
This program recognises that some young people experience significant barriers to active participation in their community, including:
- young people living in areas of high socio-economic disadvantage
- Indigenous young people
- young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- young people experiencing mental or physical health issues
- young people living with a disability
- newly arrived young people
- same-sex attracted and gender diverse young people.
Through the development of appropriate youth engagement strategies, activities and solutions, local governments will be better equipped to increase the engagement of these young people in local government and community decision-making.
Grant recipients 2016–17
|City of Greater Geelong||Koorie Youth Leadership and Advisory Group|
|Ballarat City Council||PITCH-UP|
|Southern Grampians Shire Council||Crazy Ideas College|
|Glenelg Shire Council||Youth Action Crew Heywood|
|Mildura Rural City Council||Partners for Youth Project|
|Buloke Shire Council||Youth Building Places and Spaces|
|Loddon Shire Council||Youth Building Places and Spaces|
|Wodonga City Council||Nothing about us without us|
For more information, please contact email@example.com.