Grants of $2,000 are available to councils, community organisations and schools to deliver events as part of Victorian Youth Week 2021.
Grant applications are now open until 11:59pm, Sunday 18 April 2021 (extended deadline).
Victorian Youth Week 2021 grants support the delivery of events that showcase the talents, achievements and contributions of young people, assist young people to express their ideas and have their voices heard in their communities, and support their participation in planning and delivery of Youth Week 2021 events. Funded projects must be delivered during Victorian Youth Week between the 26 June and 2 July 2021.
To be eligible for funding you must be either:
- a council
- a not for profit community organisation
- a school.
And your event must:
- be developed and delivered in partnership with young people
- be accessible to people aged 12 to 25 in their local community
- take place during Victorian Youth Week from 26 June—2 July 2021
- be alcohol, smoke and drug free
- provide safe and secure environments for young people
- adhere to any coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions current at time of delivery and demonstrate capacity to move online if required
- be covered by all appropriate insurance, including public liability insurance, for not less than $5 million.
Successful programs will be developed and delivered in partnership with young people and will need to focus on these objectives:
- support young people’s participation in the planning and delivery of Victorian Youth Week 2021 activities
- promote positive images of young people by showcasing their talents, achievements and contribution to the community
- assist young people to express their ideas and provide opportunities to have their voices heard within the community.
How to apply
Step one Read these guidelines to ensure your organisation and project are eligible.
Step two Consider the assessment criteria in terms of your project.
Step three If you would like to discuss your project, contact DFFH at email@example.com and request a call back.
Step four Submit your application by 11:59pm, Sunday 18 April 2021 via the online grant application portal.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety requirements
All activities funded under Victorian Youth Week 2021 grants must comply with the latest health advice and social distancing measures throughout the lifespan of the project. Funded events must display capacity to move to an online version if required.
For more information on current health advice and translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources, please visit:
If you would like to discuss your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or request a call back from Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm (except public holidays).