Minimum Wage | Minimum Wage Victoria | Youth Central

The Fair Work Commission sets minimum wage rates for different types of jobs and workers. It’s illegal for you to be paid less than the minimum wage that they set. You can also call the Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94.

The ACTU Worksite Rights at work page also has useful info about salaries and handy factsheets to download.

Where to get help

There are a number of useful websites containing information on your rights as an employee. Each of these sites provide helplines, so that you can speak with an expert if you wish.

  • JobWatch is a statewide community legal centre specialising in issues for workers in Victoria, and offering free and confidential advice - call them on 9662 1933 if you're in Melbourne, or 1800 331 617 if you're outside Melbourne.
  • The Fair Work Ombudsman is the Federal Government body that gives advice about Australia's national workplace relations system and helps people understand their workplace rights and responsibilities - call them on 13 13 94.
  • The Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) is a national organisation representing the Australian workforce - call them for workplace advice on 1300 362 223.