Resume Template: VCE + No (Paid) Work Experience
Use this sample resume as a basis for your own resume if you:
- Have completed (or are currently completing) VCE
- Have little or no formal (paid) work experience
For sample resumes designed for other levels of education/work experience, check out our Sample CVs page.
Download this sample resume template:
- Sample Resume: VCE + No Work Experience - Word (133.87 KB)
- Sample Resume: VCE + No Work Experience - .pdf (123.51 KB)
NOTE: DON'T SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AS A .PDF. Always submit your resume as a .doc, .docx or .rtf. If you have trouble with this sample resume, contact us at email@example.com.
If you've finished or are currently doing VCE (or an equivalent) but you haven't had much - or any - paid work experience, this sample resume can help you focus on the personal attributes you can contribute to the needs of an organisation.
This sample resume has been designed to focus on:
- A marketing statement that highlights your capabilities and and demonstrates what you bring to the job
- Personal attributes that will help you to transition into the work environment
- Any achievements, commendations or awards you received at high school that show you are honest and reliable
- Any volunteer placements that demonstrate your willingness to contribute to the community
Other things you can put on your resume include:
- Any sporting or community club participation (if relevant to the job)
- Work placements or work experience that show you know how to work in a professional environment
- Key skills that demonstrate your employability (and examples of their use)
- Written testimonials provided by supervisors, sporting club coaches, teachers or others involved in volunteer and community clubs
- Any hobbies or interests that are relevant to the job
This sample resume is one page long. A one-page resume is more than acceptable when you're just starting out in the world of work. You may end up with two pages if you include all of the suggested additional information.
If your resume ends up being three pages long, you're probably providing too much information - try cutting some things out and sticking to two pages maximum.
For more about resumes and cover letters, check out these pages:
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
VCE graduate seeking casual employment in a dynamic organisation
Personable and astute student with proven time management and collaboration skills developed from sporting and volunteer engagements. Strong interpersonal skills enhanced by taking part in theatre activities to develop confidence and communication abilities. Understanding of general employability skills and the importance of working as part of a team, learning from others and developing as a professional. VCE graduate looking for first-time employment in a position that requires a dedicated, young and enthusiastic employee.
- Effective Communication Skills: Articulate communicator with appreciation for the different communication styles required when working with other team members or with customers.
- Honest and Reliable: Strong morals and ethics ensure honesty, reliability and ability to undertake tasks responsibly.
- Flexible: Understanding of need to remain flexible to support last-minute demands and changes. Comfortable in changing environments and situations, ensuring ability to remain flexible and adaptable at all times.
Software Skills: Microsoft Word ~ Microsoft Excel ~ Microsoft Outlook ~ Firefox ~ Internet Explorer
All Saints Anglican College
- 2013: Class captain (in partnership with one other class representative)
- 2012: Represented school at National Youth Day events
- 2012: Recognition award for contribution to the local community and volunteering
Melton Community Gardens (2011 - current)
Worked in community gardens assisting members of the local community in planting and caring for allocated sections. Assisted with setup and preparation of community garden, including general repair and maintenance works.
St Vincent De Paul (2010-2013)
Provided support during various fundraising activities for local community group. Assisted at events and gatherings including providing suggestions to help meet fundraising targets. Personally attended various events, including spending time with homeless youth in Melbourne CBD.
St Vincent De Paul Society
Phone XX XXXX XXXX
Melton Community Gardens
Phone: XX XXXX XXXX