Resume: Yr10/Earlier + No Work Experience
Use this sample resume as a basis for your own resume if:
- Your highest level of study is Year 10 or earlier
- You don't have any formal (paid) work experience
For sample resumes designed for other levels of education/work experience, check out our Sample CVs page.
Download this sample resume
If you have trouble with this sample resume, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features of this resume
This sample resume has been designed to focus on:
- General skills that help you work as part of a team
- Personal qualities that mean you're able to work in a professional environment
- Work experience or volunteer work that shows your strengths and qualities
- A written testimonial that shows you're capable of transitioning into the world of work
Other things you can put on your resume include:
- Sport or community club participation (if relevant)
- Hobbies or interests that are relevant to the job or demonstrate your skills
How long should your resume be?
This sample resume is two pages long, but if you have no paid experience your resume might be only one page. Don't worry - a one-page resume is fine when you're just starting out in the world of work.
If your resume ends up three pages long, you're including too much information. Try shortening some sections or cutting some things out.
For more about resumes and cover letters, check out these pages:
Mobile: XXXX XXX XXX
Recent school leaver seeking to start a career in warehousing
Confident and articulate individual with commended ability to work with others to achieve set outcomes. Young yet mature school leaver with developed employability skills and personal attributes that support the transition from education to full-time employment. Leadership and communication skills developed and demonstrated through engagement in sports clubs and associations. Motivated individual keen to obtain employment in warehouse and operations environment. Key strengths include strong attention to detail and willingness to learn and develop professionally.
Key skills include:
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Team work
- Task allocation
- Records management
- Cash handling
- Transaction processing
- Stock control
Technical Skills: Microsoft Word ~ Microsoft Excel ~ Microsoft Outlook ~ General SAP use
Elwood Secondary College
- 2012: Principal’s award for dedication demonstrated by sporting contributions and achievements.
- 2011: Community recognition award for working as a buddy for newly enrolled Year 7 students.
- Verbal Communication: Recognised ability to communicate with a range of individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Demonstrated by 3-year captaincy of Captain of Elwood AFL team.
- Commitment & Dedication: Willing to provide long-term ongoing contribution and commitment to an organisation. Demonstrated by membership of local AFL team for over 5 years.
- Collaborative Team Member: Ability to collaborate with team members. Demonstrated by group work assignments, professional work experience placements and captaincy of Elwood AFL team since 2010.
- Reliable: Commended reliability as team member and supporter. Demonstrated by attending all Elwood AFL games since 2007.
- Honest: Strong personal morals and ethics ensure complete honesty and transparency. Demonstrated by managing cash count at fundraisers and events in school community.
STUDENT WORK EXPERIENCE PLACEMENTS
Acme Transport and Warehouse Centre (2013)
Warehouse Assistant (2-week Work Experience Placement)
Worked in fast-paced warehouse environment over a 2-week placement period. Worked full-time hours and assisted as a member of the receipt and despatch warehouse team.
Achievements and Contributions:
- Stock Control: Developed skills and understanding of processes to ensure ability to manage large variety of product lines while meeting production targets.
- Logistics Planning: Calculated cubic metre requirements for despatch and assisted in identifying transport requirements to meet customer deliveries and urgent order requests.
- Records Processing: Developed understanding of con note processing and pallet control procedures. Assisted with end-of-month reconciliation of pallet accounts.
- WH&S: Developed understanding and appreciation for health, safety and environmental management policies in an organisation.
- Team Collaboration: Attended daily toolbox meetings reviewing daily production targets. Contributed to discussions on efficiency and process improvements as well as problem resolution.
"Adam worked with us during his school placement period of 2 weeks. Over this time he was a very enthusiastic learner and wanted to help across all aspects of the warehouse. His interpersonal skills saw him adapt really well into the work environment and the guys were more than happy to help him when he needed to understand something or wanted to learn. I see a strong future for Adam and wish him luck."
- Warren Jackson, Warehouse Manager, ACME Transport and Warehouse Centre.
- 2013: Elwood College Year 7 Buddy
- 2011: Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal Volunteer Collector
- 2010 - 2013: Elwood AFL Captain - Under 18s
Elwood AFL Under 18s
Phone XXXX XXX XXX
Year 10 Coordinator
Elwood Secondary College
Phone: XX XXXX XXXX