Organisations seeking volunteers
There are lots of organisations in Victoria that are regularly looking for people to volunteer with them.
This isn't a list of all the organisations looking for volunteers. It's just supposed to get you thinking about where you could volunteer and the kind of work you could do.
To find even more organisations seeking volunteers (and get some tips about volunteering), visit I Can Do That (new window), the Victorian Government's volunteering website.
For other volunteering opportunities, visit our Volunteer for an annual event page.
Arts & media organisations
- Community Broadcasting Online (new window) - Find a community radio or TV station near you and contact them about volunteering opportunities.
- FReeZA (new window) - Help organise a musical or artistic event in your local area.
Community support organisations
- Girl Guides Victoria (new window) - The Guides are always on the lookout for women who'd like to help girls and young women grow into confident, self-respecting, responsible community members.
- Melbourne City Mission (new window) - Opportunities include homeless support, children's and youth services, education support, disability support and employment services.
- The Smith Family (new window) - Opportunities include on-line tutoring and traditional activities like packing Christmas hampers.
- Wesley Mission Victoria (new window) - Opportunities include running activities for young people with a disability and helping disadvantaged young people learn to drive.
- Museum Victoria (new window) - Volunteer opportunities are available at Scienceworks, the Melbourne Museum and at the Immigration Museum.
- Clean Up Australia (new window) - Participate in Clean Up Australia Day or other Clean Up projects.
- Conservation Volunteers (new window) - Browse a list of Victorian conservation projects you can volunteer for.
- Country Fire Authority (CFA) (new window) - The CFA has a variety of volunteering opportunities, including some for junior volunteers.
- Landcare (new window) - Find a Landcare group in your area and get involved in tree-planting and other ways of looking after the land.
- Heart Foundation (new window) - Opportunities include the annual Door Knock Appeal, event organisation and participation, and project work for students.
- St John Ambulance (new window) - Volunteers as young as eight can become St John first-aiders.
Social justice organisations
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (new window) - Help people seeking asylum to receive the support and opportunities they need to live independently.
- Amnesty International (new window) - Help Amnesty fight for human rights and social justice around the world.
- ANTaR (Australians for Native Title and Reconciliation) Victoria (new window) - Help support justice and land rights for Indigenous Australians.
- Oxfam Australia - (new window) Opportunities include communication, administrative and other support for Oxfam campaigns (note that you need to be over 18 to volunteer with Oxfam).