Useful Contacts | Youth Central

The Push

The Push is a non-profit, Victorian based youth entertainment organisation. They are also the FReeZA Support Service. You can contact The Push for advice on anything to do with your FReeZA Committee. Whether you are a FReeZA artist recording a demo or finding somewhere to rehearse, organizing an outdoor event or show, running a FReeZA Push Start Battle of the Bands heat, or just needing general music industry advice, The Push can assist you. On the Push website under the Artist button you will find a listing of artists who have registered their interest to play FReeZA shows, the FReeZA Push Start resources including form downloads.

APRA The Australasian Performing Right Association Ltd
APRA makes life a little easier for songwriters, composers and music users, like FReeZA Committees. Australian copyright law makes songwriters and composers the exclusive owners of their original music and lyrics. Nobody else can use their work without getting their permission first, and if necessary, paying a royalty for this use. This is where APRA steps in to help both performers and FReeZA Committees. APRA also has a range of licences available to cover the performance or playing of music at your FReeZA event.

Licensed Venues

Since 1 July 2014, regulations for the staging of ‘under age or mixed age’ events in licensed premises have changed. Depending on the type of event, liquor licensees or permittees must submit either a notification or an application form to the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR):

  • mixed-age live music events – notification form
  • underage or youth events (no live music) - application form
  • ‘Fast Track, Low Risk’ underage or youth events (no live music) - application form

For further information on the new regulations to hold a FReeZA under age or mixed age event in licensed premises (including copies of notification forms and fact sheets) please visit the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR).

Australian Taxation Office

Statement by Supplier Form information:  This webpage has the Statement by a Supplier form available for download. This form is used by artists or bands who are being paid to play an event and do not have an ABN.

Booking agencies

You can book your favourite artists through different booking agencies that artists are represented by: