Every year young Victorians are honoured for their outstanding contributions to the Victorian community at the Young Achiever Awards.
The awards recognise and celebrate young people who excel in fields like community service, volunteering, small business, digital innovation, environmental sustainability, healthcare, arts and fashion, and education.
2019 Young Achievers
Arun Thomas from Horsham has been awarded the 2019 Victorian Young Achiever of the Year for his leadership in rural and regional health and aged care.
The 2019 Victorian Government Group Achievement in the Community Award was awarded to the Entrepreneurs Movement Club. Established in 2015 by seven South Sudanese Australians in Pakenham, this group of energetic and positive young changemakers has partnered with local youth services to connect over 2,000 South Sudanese young people to community, culture, education and employment through workshops, forums, sporting events and club activities.
The other winners are:
- Budget Car and Truck Rentals Online Achievement Award – William Strange, Abbotsford
- Academy Graphics Regional Achievement Award – Claudia Cox, Berriwillock
- CFA Volunteer Excellence Award – Teghan Henderson, Warrenheip
- First National Real Estate Leadership Award – Yasmin Poole, Williamstown
- IKON Services Environmental Sustainability Award – Josh Murray, Kerrie
- Kangan Institute Inspirational TAFE Student Award – Lwe Pree, Long Gully
- Melbourne Studio of Art Young Artist Award – Rose Duong, Richmond
- Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria Regional and Rural Health Achievers Award – Arun Thomas, Horsham
- Saward Dawson Community Service and Social Impact Award – Lorraine Ngwenya, Burnside Heights|
- The Bridge Create Change Award – Georgie Stone, Bentleigh
Want to learn more about the Victorian Young Achiever Awards?
Visit the Awards Australia website for more details.